Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Naptime and Stats


The beginning of last week I started "Operation Naptime" because we have been having problems with solid naps since Day 1. I'd get her to take a 2 hr nap here and there, but that would be like once every week and a half. Other than that, I'd get these 30 minute cat naps here and there. I realized that most of it might have been due to being busy and out and about...which I know is my fault. Also it was due to me not recognizing her cues. So my neighbor let me borrow "The Baby Whisperer" book and I have been trying to employ most of the methods the past two weeks. Initially it was hard because I'd get her to nap almost an hour, but then she wouldn't go back down. Nighttime made me nervous at first because we used to feed her and put her straight to bed. The book suggests feeding her, then doing some type of activity, like a bath, and then putting to bed. Since we have been doing this we have had NO problems putting her to bed. Whoo hoo! Small victory!! Also since using the techniques we've been able to get on some sort of nap routine (not schedule, routine). Mama has also been doing a better job at recognizing when she is tired and putting her down. Go me! All in all, with doing this, she has been so a pleasant baby! Her witching hour has seemed to decrease and all is happy in the land :).

Avery had her two month appointment today. I have to say I was a bit nervous for her because I knew she'd be getting shots. It was so hard spending time with her in the office w/ her all cute in her diaper, smiling at me, knowing that she was about to get poked by some ginormous needles....and I'm not kidding, these needles were huge!! I was amazed at how great she did. She had 3 pokes and cried for about 2 minutes. She let me dress her, put her pacifier in, and within 5 minutes she was asleep. We're trying the first nap now so hopefully she gets the rest she needs. As far as stats here goes:
Weight- 11lbs 10oz
Height- 22.75 inches
Head- 40.5

Doctor said she looks great and she has no reasons to be concerned. There's a little greyish blue spot on her elbow that she's had since birth that she might like me to get checked out after the next appointment if there's any change.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that she is growing big and healthy! I think sleep is hard for everyone but it sounds like you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete