Thursday, January 8, 2009

comeon people!!

Man I was crazy busy today. Seemed like they wanted me to authorize one New Years resolution after another. By that I mean the oh-so-lovely detox's! Ugh. I heard it all today..."I wanted to be a good role model"...she says after drinking 1/2 gallon of vodka since age 14 and now is in her 50's. Too late for that! Or, "my mom won't give me her credit card back until I get sober". LOVELY! That's an awesome motivation to stay sober. Heck, it might work but still is not a valid reason. I think this job is jading my sensitivity to the disease model of drug use.

Another, comeon people!! moment was my assessment tonight. I got slammed at work and then got notification to go on a mobile assessment. It was really sad because this guy has basically lost everything, has a restraining order against him, wife stole his money and he's in a nursing home trying to recoup his back. The staff were annoyed at him and called me to get him out of there. Long story short, he got more irritable when they dc'd him on meds he was FINE with before. No reason why they were dc'd. So I basically told him we wouldn't take him and to get him back on those meds, which he even agreed to. Dude, psychiatrically hospitalizing people is a p retty big deal..you can't do that to someone just because they annoy you. Sheesh.

The upside of my day. While I drive an hour to and from work with all the lovely traffic I listen to some pretty great music. Today they started playing something that I could tell was older, but has a great rock vibe to it and I just wanted more and more. After a few songs they came on to say it was Pink Floyd. I know it's no surprise that they're good, but I've never really sat and listened to them. They're amazing! Granted that was pretty much the only song that I've heard...i'm sure more but none that I could recall off hand. Anyway, if you have recommendations of a Pink Floyd song/album, send me a note! I want more!

2 comments: