Friday, July 24, 2009

Futile Friday!

I think Jon Gosselin is the biggest joke right now. I have been a long time fan of Jon & Kate Plus 8. I loved the banter, the kids, they way they pronounce things, their silly antics. I also loved watching "The Soup" the week after and their little montages on how Kate was a raving control freak! Yes, I believe that she was a control freak, but I think he allowed it. If you're passive for long enough, someone has to take control!!
This season has bugged way too much for my liking. You could cut the tension with a knife between the two. Then Kate seemed to complain about every little thing! So I was on the fence about who was in the wrong. But then...
Ok, so months ago Jon is in the tabloids for (not) having an affair. I was on his side for a while. Not so much approving of his late night rendevous with random younger women, but I believed that he was not having an affair. But seriously all tha thas followed...I'm not on his side.
One thing that I liked in the first few years of the show was that they would drive 1 hour out of the way with their 6 children to church. They wer pretty involved, would sport the "I love Jesus" shirts and would talk about it on TV. So I wonder why, when the trouble starts, they don't go to counseling. Why, after 10 year and 8 children, if they're there for "the sake of their children", why not the counseling.
Ok, so Jon still says "I did not cheat". Yet, how about evidence of earrings, smoking, and randevous to France...yah, nothing supporting his innocence. Now he's going out with a girl 10 years his junior who is all over the tabloids with her pants down and hitting bongs...yah, still not supporting his innocence! Not to mention his shiek new bachelor pad "with a new flat screen TV". Haha.

I don't know why I get wrapped up in this. Haha. All I say is that if it matters enough to you, you'd try a bit harder!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Sista! Man I wish they HAD kept going to church, etc. I think they got Hollywood-ed too much and let that take priority over their marriage. Whether that was Kate's fault or Jon's for not being more forcefully opposed to it, I don't know - both probably - but man I completely agree with you - I was pro-Jon and now I'm anti-Jon. If anything for the love of God stay off the covers of a magazine for a flippin week so your (ex)wife can take the kids to the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete