Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Over the first hump

Week 12! I made it!! It's so weird counting everything by weeks because usually the weeks fly by and you don't even notice. But each new week while pregnant brings new symptoms, new pant sizes and new weight. So far it's been pretty simple and I can't complain.
My main symptom was fatigue. I've heard people say "I'd be in the grocery store, it would hit me and I'd think...I can finish in a minute, I really need to sleep on this cart". I wasn't quite that bad. But seriously it was like clockwork. 10pm everyday. I'd be in mid conversation and WHAM! I needed to go to bed right that second. It's like my eyes would go from wide open awake to half open drunken-like. It was quite funny. Unfortunately that tiredness didn't last through the night. I find myself waking up anywhere between 2:30-4 and unable to go back to sleep. That, I'm not a fan of but people keep telling me it's just good practice.
I can't button my pants. Well, I can and would force myself to get in them if I wasn't pregnant, but it's just too darned uncomfortable. I'm using the bellyband now, but I'm finding I just need to graduate into some maternity jeans. It'll make me and my belly happier.
As far as the weight, I'm a bit concerned because I haven't really gained anything. I've gone from 2lbs lighter than pre-pregnancy weight, 2 lbs up and back. So technically haven't gained anything. I hope my MD doesn't freak! We'll see! 12 week appt tomorrow!
Off to second trimester! See ya!

1 comment: