Monday, September 13, 2010

3 months

I'm a bit delayed in getting the 3 month blog out, but we've been kind of busy. In getting back from Oregon, we enjoyed our last week together before I had to go to work. We kept it busy by going to Farmer's Market, play dates and an attempt at the beach. We also met Jason for a mid-day lunch and a couple last shopping trips. I also enjoyed having Avery in bed with me in the mornings because I knew that would also be coming to an end. Labor Day we had dinner at my sister's, which we had realized we had only been there one time over the summer. Quite sad when we used to go over there weekly. Aly and Jake got a kick out of seeing "baby Avery".

On Labor Day night I put Avery to bed. I was rocking her and feeding her and started bawling. Why? I was going to work the next day. I mean, it was like streaming down my face bawling. I really didn't want to go back to work but it wasn't really an option for us. It was so sweet because while Avery was eating and I was crying, she grabbed onto my finger and held tight like saying, "It's ok Mommy". It made me feel a bit better. I know she would be in good hands.

I started work. Waking up at 5:30 is not ideal. I don't get to really see her in the morning unless she wakes up. I like to go peek on her and see her smile in her sleep. It's so cute. The first week I was blessed in that I only had to work 4 hours. With the change of schedule, I was gone before lunchtime! It was so weird! Now this week I'm on my normal 7-3:30 schedule.

Entrusting others to watch your child full-time has been interesting to deal with. The first couple of days they would report that she did great and tell me about their daily activities. Then on Thursday/Friday they'd make comments like, "She's doing SO much better!" I'd think to myself...was she doing bad?! They never really said so. They also made a comment about her being big for her age which kind of bugged me. Oh well. I'm also hoping that by her being in daycare that she might get on a more consistent nap schedule. So far she's only sleeping between 30-50 minutes at a time. Hopefully they'll get a bit longer once she settles into being comfortable there. I still don't like that I can't be with her most of the time. I really missed her today :(.

As far as stats, I won't have them until 4-months. I'm thinking she's about 13lbs now. She's grown out of her 0-3 month clothes and fits in 3M clothes...some she is still swimming in though. She's happily cooing away, talking to us all of the time, she's taking close to 6oz bottles, she's becoming more interactive. She just rolled over from tummy to back on 9/10. I was very excited to get it on video :). She's very strong! She can hold her head up without any problems. She often stands on my lap and can support her weight pretty well. I also think she's teething a bit. She often gets fussy w/ her pacifier, spits it out, but wants it back to be soothed. It's a sad cycle to go through. Hopefully she can find some comfort.

Things to look forward to:
- rolling over back to tummy
- visit from Papa Richard
- riding in the new jogger stroller
- 4 month appointment!




3 comments:

  1. haha that last picture is too cute! :) Although remind me when I am there to check your settings so we can see these adorable pictures BIGGER :) hehe

    ReplyDelete