Thursday, September 2, 2010

Brain fart

Every so often, I'll be driving or in the shower etc, and something brilliant pops into my head. Doesn't happen very often...but something I think "That would be cool to write in my blog". I get down to write and it's like I flatline. I think of witty, thought provoking things to say...then I get a chance to write it..."what was I thinking of again"? I have no idea. I think this is the symptom of being a new mom that will stay much longer than the pounds I gained. If so, I'm not a fan. I used to be an intelligent person with things to say!! Now I'm like, "huh"? It's embarassing trying to struggle in finding words that used to be everyday words. I'm not a fan. I'm a bit worried about it since I'm returning to work on Tuesday and it requires me to put thought and action when making decisions. Hopefully it's something that will come back over time.

That's another subject...going back to work. I'm NOT looking forward to it for many reasons. I've been home for 4 months, and let me say...I could get used to this. While I don't want to be a full-time SAHM, I was hoping to find something part-time. I like the fact that Avery will be able to socialize around other babies and people...but I love being around her everyday. I love seeing her cute face in the morning as it is the smileiest part of her day. Jason will be taking her to daycare in the morning so I will miss that. I will also miss pulling her into bed with me in the morning and sleeping a few more hours. I'll miss our afternoon walks, going to the park, meeting up with friends and taking naps in the afternoon together. Granted, I know I can do some of these things on the weekend, but it's just not the same. For those that work with me...be nice to me next week as I'll probably be a wreck!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to guess by being around other people that can form sentences a bit more ;) your memory will return somewhat... but yah I know what you mean it's infuriating not being able to form or retain thoughts! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. At about 14 months I noticed my brain came back significantly. There is hope! A lot of it is sleep deprivation. But some of it is hormones too, I think. I nursed the kids for a year so it makes sense to me that once my body was totally done with that I started to get back to normal. ANYway, hang in there! It's not permanent. And I'll be praying for you next week as you transition back to work. Love you!

    ReplyDelete