Monday, January 21, 2013

Avery's first haircut

I'm the only one who does Avery's hair. Not because she lets me, but because I'm a girl. I think boys lack that special gene required to make a successful ponytail without making it look like one gigantic birds nest  Often I have to wrestle, bribe, distract or basket-hold in order to get her hair to look halfway decent.

She was a pretty bald baby. It wasn't until she could sit up that her hair started sprouting. Since she was laying down most of the time, she had this lovely bald spot on the back of her head.

7 months! 
Three months later she had enough to actually wear a cute bow!

9 months!

Took another 6 months to get her first ponytail.

15 months! (Sept 2011)

After it was ponytail worthy, it just grew like a weed. I could always measure how much she had changed and grown up by the change in her hair. Heck, just even months ago...
September 2012

Pigtails were getting much too long. 


December 2012
It was time. Time for the first cut. Her ends were getting pretty dry, it was getting caught in her armpits when changing her clothes which would make her mad, she was getting so much food stuck with it. Lets just say Mommy was done! Since she is SO compliant with me brushing her hair, I didn't know how she would be with a stranger doing it. I found a kids salon nearby which was handy. They had a Lightning McQueen car that I tried to reserve for her, but it was already taken. I reserved a blue Mini Cooper instead. It was a good thing because when we got in there, that was the one she asked for! 

Overall, she did great! The only thing she wasn't terribly compliant for was pictures. Couldn't get her to smile worth a darn. We finally had to break out one of our own phones and use the camera where she could see herself and then got a decent picture. 
Before. Wouldn't you kill for highlights like this??

Shaggy before.

The only thing that I thought was weird was how much they were trying to get her to get a cut like an adult. Looking down, staying still, looking forward, etc. The experience I've had is that the scissors move with the kid. When this didn't happen we seemed like the overly smothering parent who wanted to be involved in every little snip. That's not us. Given how much the lady wanted Avery to sit still, she did a pretty good job.




















Looks like a completely compliant child...totally distracted by technology. 
But whatever works. 

Final results!!



I love it! She totally looks like a kid now. I don't now if it's ponytail worthy, but my little baby is all grown up *sniff*. She's so pretty :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment