Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New year, New blog, New whatever

Champagne was bought in December...2011. Was a last minute purchase for the upcoming New Years holiday coupled with my husbands birthday. I know he doesn't like champagne, but I've been known to polish off a bottle by myself. Not sure what happened but it stayed in my fridge for the whole year. Pathetic, I know. Times have changed since having a kid. Since my husbands birthday is New Years day, we've always been out celebrating and kicked off the new year with a big birthday cake. Lots of drinking, friends, bands, ruining friends couches; trying new concoctions of alcohol: the flaming Dr. Pepper and myriads of cosmo's ring a bell.

Celebrating the Millennium. Was a costume party. I was supposed to be a butterfly but couldn't find wings. Love the hair?

New Years 2006. We went to see Igor & The Red Elvises with some friends. Your favorite band!! It was odd. 

NY 2007. Spent in Washington with my best friend Jo
Did you guess it was an 80's theme? 


NY 2008. Back in Washington! This time a 20's theme. It was fun being a flapper, and blonde! 

 

NY 2009. Spent at a piano bar with our good friends Edward and Michelle. 

And that's all the evidence I could find. After that, babytime kinda took precedent over late night shenanigans. Looking at those pictures is like seeing the evolution of my cheeks! Man, I'm surprised I don't have stretch marks on them. 

This NY I wanted to stay up a little later and not feel like such a loser being in bed by 9. I suggested playing a game. Since Jason's birthday was the next day, I let him pick. Scrabble it was! I cracked open that year old champagne (sound fancy being "aged" and all). I may have also indulged in a small bowl of ice cream. He had none, so I ended the year feeling like an indulgent lard butt. But heck! I was at home! Back to Scrabble. Whenever I play that game I remember why I hate it. Because I suck at it!! Nothing like a long drawn out game with your husband to realize what a dork you are. He'd already have the next 5 plays mapped out while it took me about 5 minutes to make one move. See why it was drawn out? I think my best word was HOMEY, which he almost didn't let pass because he said it was spelled with an I-E. I lost by about 40 points. Jason turned in. I hopped online to talk to a friend for a little bit. Was IN bed by 11. Usually takes me about 30 minutes to fall asleep. So of course 11:30, monkey wakes up for milk. I oblige, get back in bed about 20 minutes later and guess what? I made it to midnight!! Not quite the happenin' parties I've been to, but ringing in the new year laying in Avery's bed, watching her sleepily drink some milk....wouldn't have it any other way. 











1 comment: